Saturday, February 19, 2011

V-Day in the Castle!

I almost couldn't believe when my special lady told me the news. "I got us a reservation at White Castle for Valentine's Day." she said somewhat sheepishly. "Is that OK?"

Is it?!? I've wanted to go to that place on Valentine's Day since I found out they were doing said day's celebration, and I found out about it LONG before I had any business going out with a woman on Valentine's Day.







In the past month, I've found that many people weren't aware of White Castle's decades old Valentine's Day hoopla. Allow me. They close the restaurant's eat-in area for those without reservations(which, btw, fill up about 2 months ahead of time). They break out the white linen table cloths, candles, candies, and shitty(but appropriate) decorations. They even have a hostess and servers, though I still chose to get up and fill up my own mini ketchup cups.

The menu is unchanged, as is the look on my face when I eat more than 2 or 3 of those things, not to mention the onion chips and whatever that fish sandwich was that made it onto our tray by accident.

1 comment:

Taste Master said...

That's awesome! Dang Nell looks so pretty!