Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Burningman '08






We got back from Burningman a couple nights ago after an epic 41 hours in Judd's Excursion.  Not so sure that I'm gonna do the driving thing from Minneapolis again... though it does make packing easier.  We had another successful year, and it seems as though it gets easier every time.  Excellent friends, perfect weather(almost), great neighbors... it would be hard to ask for more.

I've read somewhere that trying to describe Burningman to someone who hasn't been there is like trying to describe the color blue to someone who has been blind their whole life.  I can say from my own experiences after 4 years at the event, this is true.  I've been asked the same questions SO many times("what is it?", "what do you do there"), and heard the same misconceptions("its a bunch of hippies and trippers", "there are drugs everywhere")... I've just kind of given up trying to explain it to anyone.  I took a bunch of photos.  Heres a few of them instead.


No comments: