Monday, April 6, 2009

Black and White Party

A long time friend of mine named Trey threw his second annual Black and White Party at the Hotel Minneapolis downtown on Friday. The only thing he asks is that you wear black, white, or a combination thereof. Trey only charges $5 a head(150 people) and has DJ's to pay, so I know he isn't making much money. What Trey seems to enjoy is getting a mixture of good people together... and he doesn't need an excuse to do it.

Trey doesn't expect much and appreciates everything, so when he approached me about doing some photos, he did it a bit uncomfortably(at least for him). He told me what he wanted. He knew what that would normally cost if you were to hire a professional. He knew that I knew that there was no way he could pay that. I suppose he hoped for the best.

So of course I did it... thats what friends do I guess. Anyway, with the location as beautiful as this(floor, chair), I thought I could get some decent shots. I did.


This is Trey.













3 comments:

SJT said...

Gorgeous!

JosQ said...

Well, I too would approach you with a certain level of uncomfortableness when it comes to photos. So I'm going to say, it's not us, it's you. lol

I really enjoy the character expression from these photos. Did they do it naturally or did you direct? - very cool. Glad to see people stick with the theme color. [Whatever happen to the winter white theme? I wouldn't have gone shopping if I knew 50% of the people wore just about anything. =) ]

You are sweet.

Unknown said...

I'm with you Josephyne, I'm Kelly's very own mother, and I also approach him with trepidation when it comes to taking photos of our family and I also wish he would stop shooting squirrels, Ha ha. I love you Kelly, my handsome son. Love MOM XXX000