Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Strip Club

Brunch. Perhaps the least elegant meal of the week. Pure sustenance. Perhaps you're weekends differ from mine, but I generally find that when I'm eating brunch, I'm moderately hung over from a hard night of studying.

Then, a friend of mine recently informed me that it doesn't have to be like that. Life doesn't have to be like that. Sure, I like 2 eggs sunny side up with hash browns, toast, and a bloody as much as the next guy... but is that where it has to end? After umpteen millions of years of evolution, can we as a people not do better than that?

The Strip Club IS different. I had been there once before for dinner, and was thoroughly impressed(no simple feat since I pride myself on my steak-making ability and steak is what I had). Within 3 minutes of walking in the front door, I was inadvertently talking to the main chef and having my future order honed. This isn't the 4th string, minor league, B-team chef that might normally be slinging hash at a normal restaurant during brunch because the bad-asses worked the night before. This man knew what he was doing, and it shows.



To be honest, the food I photographed above was not my food. Kate has been here for brunch numerous time, and I believe she ordered it for me, knowing it would show up arriving like this. Completely and totally beautiful(as well as exceptionally good... I tried it).

I ordered what the chef, JD Fratzke suggested that I order. Benghazi Chickpea Bowl.



OK, perhaps its not quite as photogenic as Kate's food... I will submit to this. But I will be goddamned if I have EVER had a brunch meal that was as good as this. Ever. Its been a few hours since I had it, and I can't think of one, not ONE. Absolutely the most terrific meal that I've ever had at that time of day and in that state of mind... period.

3 comments:

chekat said...

Look's good! If anyone reads these comments and/or goes to the restaurants mentioned in this blog... if you go to The Strip Club for brunch get a bloody. They're the best damn bloodies ever!

SJT said...

By the looks of things, your mood has shifted. And all without the help of my kids. Boo. I still need the entertainment. Happy you are back on track friend!

JosQ said...

I approve you visiting this Strip Club and next time, bring me along! lol - I will work up an appetite. *wink*