Friday, May 8, 2009

Risotto

I know someone who recently opened this restaurant. Obviously, thats all the reason I need to get me out of my culinary, dine-out slumber. So off to Lyn-Lake I went.

Now, I'm by no means an Italian food connoisseur. I mean, I make a pretty bitchin' marinara sauce after 10 years of refinement, but thats about as far as it goes. Also, I think my sauce is a bit less Italian, and a bit more... whatever I am.

Anyway, they obviously specialize in real Risotto here. Thats not what I had(due to time constraints)... so I had this instead. Insalata all'astice. If you don't know what that means, you need to brush up on your Italian. With a little patience, you could work your vocab up to 8 words... just like me.



I had a great time here. Patrice and the chef, Gabriele, couldn't have been more hospitable. I look forward to going back for dinner. That may not mean much to you, but if you knew how much I hated that neighborhood at night, it might.

1 comment:

JosQ said...

O-la-la...very succulent looking. I prefer this over any pickle food I'm about to venture in.