Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

After I got done tearing it up with my mom and grandma, it was off to Sean's house in suburb X. I didn't know quite what to expect, because Sean seemed to be buying some of the food... but Aaron was going to be doing the heavy lifting.

Aaron is a friend of mine who did the culinary school/restaurant thing for years. Therefore, I set upon the event with an open mind. I knew as soon as I got there that I was in for the goods.



He was experimenting with frying red bananas. They were then to be skewered and grilled with a bunch of other goodies(see below).





I told you, Aaron doesn't fuck around. He also did a tequila/lime/curry marinade for the marlin steaks and the chicken.



Needless to say, I ate well. The marlin was particularly great. As was the beer. And the company.



Thanks goes to Aaron for the cooking, no doubt. That won't stop a dude from posting a pic of him being run over in chess by the L-train! WWOOOO-WWWOOOOOOOO!!

P.S. This is a late addition to this post, but I can't let this entry go without a pic of Jenny when she is schwasted...

3 comments:

SJT said...

You, friend, are a humble dude. Ha ha ha.

jmschuette said...

There are not many things that can top an evening of amazing food, good company and booze.

Obviously I was partaking a bit much of that booze part, but it was still a great time:)

Love the pics!

JosQ said...

I have always loved fried banana, but I never knew one could grill a STRAWBERRY?!!! Can it possibly be good? hmmm... I love the vibrant color it adds to it. Great picture. I love the stairway.