Saturday, May 23, 2009

WATCH YER SHIT!

So I saw a guy on a scooter just get CREAMED the other day by an older woman in a car. Apparently, she saw it fit to take a left out of the right lane of a 3 lane one-way. The poor dude in front of me is proudly putting along at about 30 mpg on his brand new Stella scooter(dealer plates, man, dealer plates...). All of a sudden he has a beige sedan(of course) directly in front of him and WHAP! You can bet your sweet ass that I called the cops and stayed with the dude until the cop got there so I could make sure there was zero misunderstanding as to which party should shoulder the responsibility for this fuck-story.

Then, this morning as I was driving around, and I see this...



I don't know if this guy died via vehicle, or cancer, or raptors or what. I DO know that, weather motorbike or bicycle, this scenario of car vs non-car unfolds far too often in these parts.

So, that having been stated... WATCH YER SHIT!

2 comments:

JosQ said...

Pretty sad. That's the first time I have seen a bike memorial? When I moved to SF, I really wanted a Vespa. But the thought of getting killed or permanent injury deter me away from it. Lately, I've been wanting a cool beach bike to ride to work for fun over the summer and to save gas money. But then the thought of getting killed or injured deter me again. It really sucks that one can't feel safe in a two wheelers.

That's so good of you to stay at the scene. The weather is so gloomy today. =(

SJT said...

Old people. In sedans. Nothing worse. Except soccer moms in mini vans.(I don't drive a mini van and my kid likes chess and Star Wars.)