Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pairings

This is probably as far as I'm going to drive for the whole food project thing. Pairings is off Hwy. 62 in Minnetonka... and its in exactly the type of development that I have engineered my life to avoid. My friend, Kate, is involved in launching this restaurant, and she invited me to the pre-opening so of course I went.

It was REALLY GOOD! And it doesn't feel like, well, like the rest of the area that it is imbedded in. It has attractive lighting(natural and lamp), an easy layout, and I ate on a 700 lb. wood table... beautiful!



I had a few things, but the one above was a Duck Confit pizza that also has goat cheese, squash, cherries, and arugula. It was absolutely fantastic. I also had one of the best dressings that I can remember. It was a buttermilk of some variety, and it was on a grilled chicken spinach salad. Also bitchin'.



The area that Parings is located in should be indebted to the people behind said restaurant. Here's a fun fact... there are two Starbucks within 150 yards of the Pairings. TWO! Is that necessary? What in the fuck is that about? Well, at least when you're eating at Pairings, you can face West and all you see is road and trees...

1 comment:

chekat said...

I am fried? Additionally they are Caribous... I'm just fact checking... Thanks for the pics!