Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kombucha

A friend of mine recently told me of 'the best thing for hangovers there is'. Kombucha tea. I had never had this, but I have had hangovers. Plenty of them. In fact, I'm one of those dudes who gets REALLY wicked hangovers. I don't even have to get that drunk to accomplish it, either. To date, the only thing that has kept me from being all headachy and pukey the next day is to drink a ton of water before, during, and after a day/night of straight northeast-style drinking.


(for the record, i did not take this wack-ass photo... just found it on the internet)

Anyway, I bought one last Saturday. I put it on deck for my next possible hangover. It has a quick expiration date, this Kambucha, but I wasn't worried about that.

Sure as shit, I was out drinking beer and playing chess on Sunday. I called it an early night and went home around 8... but not before I had a decent buzz. And this is the part of this prolonged fucked up story where I became a scientist. A drunk, shitty scientist.

See, I didn't have to work Monday. I already had a healthy beer buzz. I had a bottle of rum and a grip of limes. And I had the bottle of Kambucha in the fridge.

Of course I said fuck it. Time to get drunk for the sake of Science.

I tapped out midway through my second lowball of straight rum on ice. To be honest, I didn't even want the second one. I didn't even really want the first one, actually. It just seemed to me that to waste the circumstances, or to not follow through all the way would be folly. Go big or go home, so to speak.

I drank the tea. I hated it. I went to bed.

I woke up with a hangover. Perhaps it may have been worse. I don't know.

1 comment:

JosQ said...

So for the sake of research, you poisoned yourself only to learn that the tea did not cure you? Well - that is one suck and risky experiment. Hope you made a bloody marry after that! And I hate this "keep it short" thing, so I'm going to consider myself the "exception to the rules". *wink* until you block me anyway. haha...