Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Whiskey Reduxer

I had a Jameson and a High Life a few months back. Big surprise, right? Anyway, I took a quick, unplanned photo of them before I proceeded. I had my Nikon with me, but like I said, it was unplanned and Jimmy's isn't exactly the brightest place you can get a drink. So, I set my camera at a REALLY high ISO, took a few snaps, and loved the result so much so that that shot has been lingering in my picks for my nearly finished food portfolio.

I thought about it yesterday morning, though, and figured it would be folly to not go back to Jimmy's in the middle of the day when its slow, and try it again for real. The bartender J.J. liked the idea and was more than helpful. Shit, he even gave me a stand in whiskey-looking drink to use while I was finding my angle.

So the new one is on the right...



For the sake of upholding mine and J.J.'s rigid standards of truth in advertising, we decided to go with real whiskey for the photo. It had a life after hollywood.

1 comment:

SJT said...

It looks so shiny. Mmmm....