Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lost kidney blog.

My 2 readers may remember a while back that I said something about donating a kidney. They may also remember that I said that I was going to blog about the whole process in hopes of bringing more attention to it and perhaps causing others to consider doing the same. Ah, those were the days...

Well, the plan is still in effect. Things have changed since then, though. At the time of that blog post, I was purely a non-directed donor with nothing but good intentions. With that post, I started telling people of my decision, and soon after started asking around to see if anyone I knew might know someone who needed one. Its at this point when things got, well, less romantic.

I could go into what has come to pass in great length. Instead, this e-mail that I just wrote will probably summarize it as well as anything I could now write. Its my second piece of correspondence with a man who is searching the country for his friend... a friend who needs a kidney that matches mine. It starts with me referencing a book he is writing about the process, as well as his desire to use a perspective of mine about 'playing god'.



So there, still in effect. The last thing I feel like I need to say is that I appreciate everyone who has had an opinion thus far on my decision. As for the Negative Nancys that I was referring to above? they're all friends and loved ones, and I think I know where their skepticism comes from as much or more than they do.

4 comments:

SJT said...

Quite simply Kelly, you're a good man.

Beautiful Bonnie said...

i am proud of you kelly. that is the definition of selflessness :) (even though i couldn't read the email :) )

xxo

Sara said...

much love to you kelly. not much else i can think of to say.

eric said...

just the consideration is noble. anything beyond is just gravy. mmmmmm, gravy.