Monday, March 16, 2009

Elie's

Downtown Minneapolis gets a bad rap from people like me... and for good reason. Besides First Ave, I can only think of 3 places off hand that I like to go to. Murry's, Cuzzy's, and Elie's. Shit man, I once got denied to the most wanker-esque establishment of all(Norman's) because my BRAND NEW BLUE SUEDE CHUCK TAYLORS didn't work with their no tennis shoes dress code. Can you imagine the look on my fucking face!? Excuse me, tennis shoes?!?

Anyway, I showed up at Elie's at the exact second they opened(yes, I'm that guy), got my seat by the window, and ordered the steak benedict.



For the record, I don't even like eggs benedict, I just thought it would make the best photo out of all the breakfast items. Thats dedication.

*This part is an edit on my original post. A friend of mine sounded like she had quite the bad sunday, so I thought I'd share the lineage of events that happened on this particular sunday.

Coffee
Elie's breakfast/photos
Whitey's to read the paper, drink coffee and greyhounds.
Read the internet news while watching for squirrels to shoot.
Chess.
Coffee
Chess at the Spring Street.
General drunken shananagans with friends.
Night alone with special woman.

I'm a lucky dude.

1 comment:

SJT said...

You NEVER disappoint Kelly.