Tuesday, March 24, 2009

True Thai

Yesterday was a shitty, rainy, shitty day. I can feel another cold streak coming, but I don't want to check the weather because I'm scared it'll make it worse.

I went to the new Seward co-op, hoping for some enlightening experience that will initiate a change in my stagnant cooking habits. It didn't happen. Its nice and all, but it just didn't happen. I got the necessary ingredients for the pasta sauce I was making that night and left. I should mention here that that sauce is 10 years in development for me, its one of my best items, and it somehow came out blah. Nice day.

I DID see True Thai on the way out, though. Another one of those places that I've eaten take out from a few times, but only once at the restaurant. I figured I'd stop, even though I didn't want to because I had to eat my own food soon. Begrudgingly, I ordered tofu lab salad because I figured it wouldn't fill me up. I barely even wanted to eat it.



Lab salad is good, but it doesn't photograph all that well. If I wasn't even gonna eat my food, I could have got something a bit more dynamic, at least. Dumb fucking me. And my lugubrious mood should NOT reflect on True Thai. They have perhaps the best thai food in the city. Its just that its still raining so I'm like fuck it...

2 comments:

SJT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JosQ said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Guess we both have a shitty day.

I and a few others each got an unwarranted $85 parking ticket today. I guess compare to your shitty weather and death in the family, it's pretty small. My sister's Grandma-in-law's health was bad but her mental was very sharp at 97yrs old. She makes the best intestine stuffing with porridge which normally takes the entire day and she loves to gamble.