Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cuando el río suena, agua lleva

So I knew that I said that I like keeping it in the neighborhood as often as I can, but after some worthy advice from my friend Sally, I decided to take a trip to south Minneapolis again for some more Mexican food. I had a pretty damn good experience at La Vina, I must say. It was off hours, and was the only one in the entire restaurant. I also quickly realized that I was definitely the only one who spoke English(or couldn't speak Spanish). That is always an excellent sign.

Anyway, we worked together and made it happen. Pollo Enchiladas.



The best part of this photo was when I was setting up the food and taking it. Digital cameras have those reflective backs, and you can see what is going on behind you. The waitress wasn't just giving me glancing looks as she walked back and forth. She'd stop and stare at me like I had a Total Recall-esque Quato coming out of my back. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then perhaps you should watch Total Recall again.

Also, a certain friend of mine sounds like she has been battling the cigarette craving lately. Perhaps this photo of me post-Mexican food will help. Nothing better than a cigarette after some good spicy food. Sorry, I loves me some peer pressure.

3 comments:

SJT said...

THANKS!!!! Once again...living vicariously through you.

JosQ said...

Your support for local neighborhood is contagious, so I'm going to use the charming postal boutique just 2 blocks down and two blocks over from my house instead of the plain USPS near my work. It was interesting to hear the conversations people were having w/ the business owners while I have so much fun looking at a lot of cool cards. I meant to take you down this charming street for coffee that morning.

JosQ said...

I was reading this article http://www.theonion.com/content/news/atf_agents_closing_in_on_nations
over lunch today and it cracks me up. I'm starting to suspect this friend of yours may be out smarting you on your "peer pressure" - lol