Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Modern. Part Deux.

As I try to do every week, I took my Grandmom out for lunch today. I REALLY wanted to do Vietnamese, but my Grandma is a 92 year old Polish woman and she was thinking chicken noodle soup. Thats cool, because I really was craving pot roast ever since the last phenomenal experience that I had at The Modern.

When we arrived at the Modern a bit before lunch, it was empty. Half way through lunch, it was full. That should give you an idea of just how good their food is. As I said, I went for Grandma and the pot roast. The saleswoman-like waitress had other gastronomic plans for me, though. She sold me on the special... Mussels in some beautiful cream sauce with chorizo, raisins, and other goodness.



This is why a guy needs to listen to women. Always. If I didn't do what my Grandma said, I would have been at Quang(which is tomorrow). If I hadn't listened to the waitress(like I had a choice), I would have had pot roast. As it was, though, I had a great lunch, and got a pretty cool photo to boot.

Speaking of my Granny, she HATES when I take her photo. HATES IT. I had to take her picture through a mirror and lie to her by telling her I was photographing someone else. Its either that or have her take another swing at my camera. It has happened.



No, she isn't dying here. She just can't see for shit, and I kind of think its funny to watch her read.

1 comment:

JosQ said...

Hmmm...always listen to a woman he says...

I must be packing something else, so I'm going to chop off my hair this weekend to go with it. lol ...