Thursday, February 5, 2009

Me vs. The Modern Cafe

The economy sucks and I'm sure restaurants are feeling it. I like taking photos of food. I've got a few days off and I like to eat... but I never eat out enough. So, I decided I'm going to whack a whole bunch of birds at once this week, and maybe part of next. I'm going to eat lunch out as often as I can. I'm going to photograph all the food. I'm going to do my part in economic blah blah. I'm also going to be a happier guy because the food is going to be good. Hopefully.

So this is my first run at it. Went to the Modern and faced down the Lamb burger with tomato chutney, tzatziki, greens, and a fennel bun.

It didn't stand a chance.

Before.


After.



I could have ate the last fry, but sometimes I like to leave one on the plate as a warning to its brethren. Its kind of like in the movie Beastmaster when Marc Singer comes back to his people and they have all been slaughtered. Well, the dudes who did it aren't just going to burn or bury all the bodies. No. They have to impale some of them on steaks and stand them up in the ground so they're just hanging there, you know? Tell me that wouldn't get the point across...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you always gotta leave one alive to tell the story to others...